Friday, July 24, 2009

Staycation 2009










This year we opted to try the much talked about staycation. L and I are just not ready to pack the kids into the car and drive someplace...that just did not sound relaxing to us. So while they are young we decided to do all the fun things in the area. The most important thing is family time and memories....well we may have to tell them about these memories, not sure if they will remember. Monday we spent the day at the Aquarium. The kids loved that and much to our surprise they wanted to walk the entire way and did great. Note about the picture - they don't look to happy because they were a little grumpy on the drive to the aquarium but Praise the Lord they left that in the parking lot..whew we were worried and they had a blast with lots of smiles and laughs!










Tuesday we went to McDonald's for Lunch and then to a movie. This was a fun adventure. At McDonald's while L was ordering our food I was with the kids in the play center. Watching Sweet Pea climb to the top and work his way through the tube maze to find the slide and then do it all over again. Cupcake normally stays on the little slide and has always wanted to climb with Sweet Pea but she has been to short to reach the steps. Before I knew it Cupcake had climbed to the top! Oh no I thought I would have to go in after her...she had no clue what she was doing and might start freaking out a little. As I was trying to talk Cupcake down a sweet little girl about 7 asked if she could watch her and help her climb through the maze of tubes way over our heads. I said that would be great! Relieved and thankful, because Sweet Pea just ignored my request to help Cupcake and continued to fly through the maze and slide. I guess technically if you follow the playground rules he shouldn't be up there but he has been climbing on them since he was about 20 months so I wasn't to worried about him. Cupcake and a few older girls played in the tubes and climbers for another 15 minutes and she had a blast playing with the older girls. When it was time to eat Daddy did finally climb up half way to bring her down....but that is because she did not want to leave her new found friends.



The movie was interesting. This was Sweet Peas third trip to the movies. He went at 1 - a family night work event and did great, 2 - we took him for his second Birthday, and then now - he did great as expected, at times he wanted to know whey Cupcake did not have to sit down, but in all he enjoyed it a lot. Cupcake on the other hand was sooo bored after about 2o minutes and needed to move. After a while L and I had to start taking turns leaving the theater with her so she could walk. Eventually she feel asleep in daddy's arms as the movie was ending. Movies are not her thing.


Wednesday was L's birthday so we spent the day together while Nana and Papa watched the little ones. We enjoyed a nice round of golf at Top Golf. Loved this place. I am not a golfer but with all the fun games you can play this place rocked! I was a little worried. It has been a long time since I have attempted to swing a golf club and I lack the hand eye coordination..a good reason why I was a swimmer. So I step up to take a few practice swings and wow they were bad! I would have missed a soccer ball that is how bad I was. Then L grabbed a near by ball and said practice with this one. I swung and it went about 2 inches in front of me. No I am secretly grumbling on the inside but trying to act like this is fun because it is L's birthday. So he is trying not to laugh at me at this point. I just decided lets get this over with, so I grab one of my microchip golf balls, take a swing and whoop I made contact! The computer read 158 yards!!! that was my longest drive of the day the remainder stayed about 128, but for me that is awesome. I was proud of my bad self! L of course did great hitting them to the edge of the fence 200+ yards but during the game portion I did really good. Totally recommend Top Golf it was a blast!





After Golf we went to PF Changs for lunch and then to our hotel. We stayed at the Adolphus. It was fun when we were driving up there were a lot of drivers who did not know what they were doing or where they were going...sorry to admit this but this darn pink caddy kept blocking the entrance to the hotel so we missed it the first time. That was a pain because it is all one way streets around the Adolphus so it took 5 minutes to get us back again and still there was another or the same pink caddy blocking the entrance so we and the 3 cars behind us had to cut her off to get into the hotel. We found out at check-in there was a massive Mary Kay convention in Dallas and all the hotels were sold out. We were so excited we did get an upgraded sweet that was huge! They also treated us to a bottle of champagne, an early check-in time (didn't know this) and a late 4:00 check out time, that was great! We had dinner at the French room. Much to our surprise it really is a room..not that big...but wonderfully decorated and the food was great!









Thursday after check out we had a good "linner" (lunch+dinner) at Chewy's and then Movie (transformers 2). I was secretly sooo excited that Star Trek was no longer showing at the theater!



Friday was family pool day- we spent the day at the pool with the kids



Saturday - we visited with family that had traveled into town and did our " July Birthday bash" celebrated all the July B-days, Dad, L, sister and Sweet Pea.

Sunday - another family birthday with L and his family.

We had a great time relaxing and spending time together!







No comments: