
Two weeks ago I picked Sweet Pea up from school to discover he had on his "emergency" pants. His teacher said he had a little accident in his pants...he tried to remove his diaper while still wearing his jeans and made a little mess on them. So we go home and he takes his 3 hour nap. After he woke up from his nap he ran to the toy room to work on a puzzle. As I sit down beside him he says with a very discouraging voice, "Bad day mommy, bad day." I could not believe what I was hearing! What did you say? I asked. "Bad day mommy" then I said, "do you mean you had a good day?" "No, bad day mommy, poopoo pants." I just wanted to cry. He was telling me about his little accident at school and how much it affected him. So we tried to talk about it and I was sure everything I was saying was going in one ear and out the other. Fast forward to the next week at school..
I picked Sweat Pea up from school and his new teacher told me how he walked up to her and said, "Poopoo pottie" ( this is the phrase we have been working on) She said he had already gone in his diaper but she took him to the potty anyway. There he sat for a few minutes and then was done. As we left I asked, "What did you do today?" and so proudly he said, "Poopoo pottie mommy! Poopoo pottie! I asked, "Did you have a good day?"
"Yes, mommy good day, poopoo potie" I wanted to cry I was so happy for him.







































No comments:
Post a Comment